Friday 18 May 2018

FFS Friday - The suite life


Last Sunday was Mothers Day. My day sucked. It sucked last year too. Laying in bed that night, feeling sorry for myself, I realised why it sucked so much. Expectations. My own silly expectations.

See I woke up in the morning hoping to have a lovely day. I hoped that the boys wouldn't fight, that they might pamper me a bit and that we'd have a wonderful day together. Stupid. They're 4 and 7, as if they're going to pamper me and not fight. That's not how kids work, well maybe some kids, but not mine. Mine love to fight, they must because they do it constantly. They tell me they don't like fighting yet they continue to do it, so I can only assume that they love it. 

Anyhow, back to my subject. It's funny how we put all these crazy expectations on a certain day. Inevitably things don't work out the way we'd hoped and we're disappointed. Next year I won't be so silly. I'll know that it's going to be a day like any other day, then I won't be upset when things don't go how I'd hoped they would.

Now, enough of the self pity. Have I ever told you about the time I had a car accident....with a lounge suite? Grab a cuppa and I'll tell you all about it. 

I'm driving down the road, minding my own business, on my way to Dad's house. I'm in a 110 km zone doing the speed limit when a car towing a trailer goes flying past me. He would have been doing at least 140. There was a lounge suite in his trailer, unsecured. I could see him driving like an idiot so I slowed down as I didn't want to be anywhere near him when he caused an accident. 

A little way up the road he'd slowed down and I got stuck behind him. He was still speeding and I could see the lounge suite lifting, so I slowed right down to 60 k's. It was dual lanes and there was a car next to me and one behind me, so I had nowhere to go.

Next thing the lounge suite flew off the trailer and landed on the road in front of me. Thankfully I was only doing around 40 k's when I hit it. 

The idiot towing the trailer gets out of his car and the first thing he says to me is "It's not my trailer." FFS.

So what? Who gives a damn who the trailer belongs to, you're towing it, it's your responsibility! I tell him I don't care who owns the trailer, as he's driving he's responsible for it. His response is "But it's not my trailer." FFS. Again, so what?!

We continue this back and forth discussion where he tries to convince me the accident isn't his fault because the trailer doesn't belong to him. After about five minutes of this I'm ready to punch him so I call Dad and ask him to come down.

Dad doesn't want to come down because I'm uninjured and the car is drivable, so I tell him that he either comes to where I am or he comes to the police station to bail me out after I've decked the idiot in front of me.

The idiot gets upset at hearing himself described as an idiot, however by this point I don't give a crap about how he'as feeling, because he clearly was an idiot.

Dad arrives, gets the guys details and off we go. The idiot and his mates put the lounge back into the trailer, unsecured and continue on their journey! Further proof that they really were idiots.

So I get back home to Perth, get my car fixed and the bill comes to $500. I call the idiot and tell him he owes me $500, then he starts crying broke. Considering that his family owned one of the most popular pubs in town at the time, I knew that he wasn't broke. 

I tell him that he owes me the money and there will be someone at his house to collect it at 5pm. Next thing I get a text message from one of his mates saying that there's no need to threaten the idiot. WTF? I tell the mate to mind his own business and make sure that the idiot has my money ready by 5pm. 

At this point you're probably expecting that something else will go wrong, but I'm happy to report that when Dad went there at 5pm they gave him the $500 and that was it.

Every now and again I see the idiot in town. He's riding a moped now, which is a good thing considering how bad he is at driving a car.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!