Sunday 20 August 2017

Thoughts of the week

1. I've been thinking about my blog lately and I'm glad that it doesn't align with brand values. That's not why I blog and not what I'm aiming for. I'm aiming to align with consumer values. I want to be an honest voice that people can trust, not an advertisement for brands. 
Thinking about the blogs that I read they're all honest voices. That's what I value and what I aim to be. So if I'm not aligning with brand values then I'm achieving what I set out to do. Go me.

2. I do want to appeal to some brands. The brands that are homegrown, small, natural and organic brands. Boutique brands, small businesses, ones run from home. I'm talking businesses like Audra James, Concordia Handcrafted Skincare, The Natural Supply Co. Places like that. They're honest, genuine and they love what they do. When you contact them you talk to the person who makes the product or sources them. That's what I like. 

3. Whilst we're talking about blogging, I've also decided that I am going to continue. I enjoy blogging when I ignore the external crap that goes on (eg BeautyDirectory/Instagram etc), so I'm going to ignore that stuff and continue on.

4. My cousin has just started home schooling her son. It's making me consider even more seriously whether I should home school Chai. I know that it would benefit him in a lot of ways but I think it would be detrimental in a lot of ways too. The other huge consideration is whether I could cope with it. I've been looking forward to next year when Eljay is in kindy because I'll have a little time to myself. Being an introvert I desperately need alone time and I haven't had it for six years. I feel like I'm barely holding on to my sanity. If I home school Chai I won't get that alone time and I'm not sure I could cope.

5. I made banana ricotta bread this week. It was amazing. I used this recipe.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!