Friday 19 May 2017

FFS Friday - Excited

Tiger is one of those people who has to complicate everything.

If there is an easy way and a hard way to do things, he'll choose the hard way every time.

It's infuriating.

This weekend we have the chance to go out, at night, together, with other adults!

I'm so excited.

I don't remember the last time we got to go out at night. I don't think we've gone out together at night since we had kids. We've gone to friends houses but not out properly, to a pub or restaurant etc.

I told Tiger about it and he was so excited he had to complicate things.

We're going out and we can take the kids with us, there will be other kids so we don't have to worry about trying to get a baby sitter, Chai not staying with someone etc. It's perfect. At least that's what I thought.

Tiger, instead of being happy that we got the chance to go out, had to complicate things.

"How about we get my parents to come and look after the kids so we can go out on our own?"

"How about we let them stay up late and we'll put them to bed when we get home?"

"How about we get my Dad to pick us up so that we can both drink?"

I say how about we grab the chance to go out, take the kids with us and we'll all have a good night instead of making things overcomplicated and having to go home early because the kids are tired and need us.

We've decided that's what we'll do, but naturally something had to go wrong. 

In the early hours of Wednesday morning I woke up with gastro. 
I timed it pretty well cause Tiger had just got home.

The next day, right after his eye appointment, Chai came down with gastro too. 

Chai was better on Thursday, I'm still feeling off colour. 

What's the bet that Eljay or Tiger will come down with gastro on Saturday so that we can't got out? I'd put money on it. 

Poor Chai just can't catch a break at the moment. Last week he saw the health nurse and we found out that his eyesight isn't very good.

I'm a little annoyed about this because I thought there was a problem last year but our Dr told me he was fine. 

All this time he hasn't been able to see properly and I've done nothing about it!

It just proves to me that I have to trust my instincts and not believe everything that I'm told. 

My job is to advocate for my children and I need to do that to the best of my ability.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!