Monday 6 February 2017

The everyday face menu

Lately I've unintentionally developed a make-up uniform. I wear the same few looks every day. It makes getting ready in the morning really easy and I'm hoping it'll mean that I actually use up some of my make-up. My make-up needs to last around fourteen hours so I go for products that are long lasting and don't fade, crease or smudge.

I choose my base depending on the coverage I need. If I don't need much coverage I'll just use Insta Flawless. When I  want more coverage I'll use Insta Flawless as a primer with either Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, Rimmel Radiance BB Cream, It Cosmetics CC+ or L'oreal Infallible Matte foundation. If I want a little extra coverage or feel the need to have a matte face I'll add some Maybelline Super Stay powder on top. If you haven't tried this powder you need to, it gives gorgeous flawless coverage. 

Most days I don't bother with concealer but if I do my go to concealer is Maybelline Master Conceal. It's a real gem of a product, the coverage is brilliant and it doesn't settle into fine lines.

I'm using two blushes at the moment, Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon and Givenchy Magic Lip and Cheek Balm. As the name suggests, the Givenchy can be used as a lip balm too. When I use it as a blush I'll dab the excess onto my lips over the top of Maybelline Perpetual Peony.

This year I want to finish Maybelline Perpetual Peony, Revlon Ultra HD Peony and MAC Bare Venus lipsticks so I'm using them exclusively until they're done. I'd thought that I wouldn't like only having three lipsticks to use but I'm really enjoying it. I haven't missed my other lipsticks at all, which tells me that I could happily destash and have around ten lipsticks. I use Dr Brandt's Xtend Your Youth Lip Filler and Volumizer as a lip primer. I'm hoping it'll help get rid of the two horizontal lip lines I've developed, I'll keep you posted on that one.

I'm really loving the new Essence Extreme Lasting eye pencil in Rockin' Taupe. It's a gorgeous colour and lasts all day without fading or smudging. I'm considering getting a backup because I love it so much. On days where I don't want to wear eyeshadow I smudge my eyeliner along my top lashline for definition and a bit of a smoky look, it looks like I've made a lot more effort that I have.

I use my Rimmel Scandaleyes in Taupe smudged on my bottom lashline, it makes my eyes look more polished, not sure why. 

On the days I can be bothered with eyeshadow I use either MAC Painterly Paint Pot or Clarins Taupe Ombre Matte eyeshadow. I use Painterly when I've had a bad night and need to brighten things up and Clarins Taupe when I want to look like I've put in some effort. Both of them are crease free and last all day, however I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance as an extra back up. 

Brows are Shu Uemura Hard Brow Pencil in Acorn and mascara is Nude By Nature Allure Defining Mascara in brown.

Do you have a make-up uniform? What are your go to products?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!