Monday 5 September 2016

The Foundation Files - Laura Mercier Mineral Powder



My poor neglected Laura Mercier Mineral Powder was destined for the cull pile. I nearly threw it out but decided to give it one last go and I'm very glad that I did because it's beautiful. I have the shade Tender Rose. 

Having sensitive skin I am often allergic to mineral foundations, but I don't have any problems with the Laura Mercier version. 

Laura Mercier says: A finely milled powder composed completely of natural elements with 15 active amino acids to clear the skin of toxins, promote healthy skin cell growth and fight the aging process. Pure Pearl Powders and Mica impart a soft focus effect creating a natural, healthy, youthful glow, while Zinc Oxide works as a sunscreen agent to block the sun's harmful rays.
Oil free and water-resistant.


Naked face

1 layer of foundation

When I first bought this and tried it I found it too glowy, not sure why. Maybe my skin is duller now, but I don't find it too glowy at all. It gives gorgeous, flawless, medium coverage with one application. What I really like is that it doesn't need to be buffed in, I use a flat top brush, sweep it on and I'm done. If I want full coverage I buff it in or apply a second layer, but most days one quick dusting is enough. Another great thing is that it has a twisty top so that you don't end up with powder floating all around the pot.

This is a really easy mineral powder to use. It doesn't need a primer or finishing powder, it gives flawless coverage all on it's own. It doesn't accentuate my pores or sink into fine lines, it actually makes them disappear. If you're looking for an easy to use mineral powder this is worth checking out. 

A 9.5gram pot costs $62. Considering the minute amount that you need to use, it's pretty good value.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!