Friday 31 July 2015

FFS Friday - Highway robbery

We're currently in the midst of an "everything is breaking" phase. FFS.

First up was the dishwasher. FFS.

They charge an $80 call out fee to come and look at the dishwasher. FFS.

We decided they could stick their $80 call out fee so took the dishwasher in ourselves. Tiger announced that he couldn't remove the dishwasher so I did it. FFS.

I'm so the male in this relationship. FFS.

There was one hose that I couldn't get out. FFS.

Tiger couldn't get it out either. FFS.

In the end, after much frustration and swearing from Tiger he used a drill to make the hole in the cabinet bigger and removed the hose. Not FFS.

A week without a dishwasher is a long time. FFS.

Of course, the dishwasher wasn't ready to be picked up until a few hours after Tiger had gone back to work. FFS.

That meant I had to get Dad to pick it up with his trailer. FFS.

Of course it rained all week so I had to wait for a clear day before he could pick it up. FFS.

My MIL being the kind person she is knew that Dad was going to help me pick up the dishwasher so took the trailer out first thing in the morning and didn't come home until late afternoon. Cow. FFS.

Thankfully I still managed to get my dishwasher back yesterday. FFS.

A few days after the dishwasher breaking the back door latch broke. FFS.

We have another back door so we didn't bother about it. Not FFS.

Next up was my car battery. I've been telling Tiger for three months now that I needed a new battery and he didn't believe me. FFS.

Unsurprisingly the battery died the day that Tiger was away getting his tax done and I was taking the kids to meet a friend. FFS.

We got that sorted then the next night the other back door latch broke. FFS.

That meant we could only get into the back yard by going out the laundry door and over the small fence. FFS.

It also meant that Bella couldn't get into the house. FFS

The door shop wanted a $110 call out fee just to come to our house. FFS.

Then they charge parts and labour on top of that! FFS.

Tiger fixed all three of the doors himself for $20. Not FFS.

As if that wasn't enough, the morning that Tiger was flying out the hot water system broke. FFS.

Their call out fee was $115! Highway robbery. FFS. 

One good thing is that all of this happened whilst Tiger was home. Not FFS.

Usually things like this happen when he's away, I'm so glad it didn't happen like that this time. Not FFS. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!