Monday 8 June 2015

May favourites



Models Prefer Airbrush Concealer Brush - My love for Models Prefer brushes knows no bounds, they're great quality brushes at a bargain price. 
In the past I've always used a dense, flat brush to apply concealer so when I saw this brush I was intrigued and bought it. I figured if it wasn't great for concealer it'd make a good eye shadow brush. Colour me surprised, it's brilliant for applying concealer. I've always thought that fingers are best for applying under eye concealer but I'm now a convert. I get a great finish that I can't achieve with my fingers or a flat concealer brush. The larger brush is somehow able to pack on lots of concealer without it looking cakey.

Bobbi Brown Corrector - I know I talk about this all the time but it truly is amazing. If I could only have one concealer for the rest of my life this would be it. Those of you who have dark circles need this in your life. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes eye shadow stick Trespassing Taupe  - I'm surprised there hasn't been more hype about these as they're brilliant quality, I find them to be equally as good as the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks and a lot cheaper. Trespassing Taupe is a great every day colour. I wear it alone as a wash of colour however it also works well as a base under other shadows. Most days I don't get any creasing at all, however in humid weather there is minimal creasing.

Benefit Fakeup - Another concealer! I know I said I'd happily use Bobbi Brown Corrector exclusively, but since I don't have to, I'm also loving Fakeup. It covers my extremely dark circles easily, doesn't sink into fine lines and can be layered without looking cakey.
   
Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner Mauve Moment -  My obsession with lip liners continues. So far Mauve Moment is my favourite. It's the perfect mlbb shade so works well under most lipsticks. I love this one because it's creamy, doesn't drag on my lips and it feels hydrating. It's become clear that I need more of these in my life.

Art Deco Mineral Eye Styler 62 -  To the distress of my bank account, my local chemist has recently started stocking Art Deco. The products are surprisingly reasonable and the range is huge. Never fear, I am steadily working my way through it.
One of the first products I purchased was the Mineral Eye Styler in shade 62. It's a light taupe colour that makes a great liner for my lower lash line. (Chai is obsessed with bottoms at the moment. I was going to write bottom lash line but it made me picture myself using eye liner on my bottom, hehehe).
Ponds Flawless White BB - This was love at first application. I've been using it about three weeks so I can't comment on the flawless white part, however the coverage is great, it gives me bright, healthy looking skin. Light is the perfect match for my skintone too which is a bonus. 

Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase - Well that's a mouth full isn't it? Surely they could have come up with a shorter name. Nevertheless, dry skinned people, you need this. I use Intensive Serum along with facial oil and a heavy duty moisturiser in winter to keep my skin feeling soft and hydrated. Skip it an my skin feels dry and tight. This is holy grail material for me. You can read my full review here.

Biyani Organics Rosehip and Raspberry Face Serum and Biyani Organics Frankincense and Jasmine Hydrating Face Cream - Another winner from the Natural Supply Co. Both products smells wonderful and they nursed my allergic, sensitive hayfever skin back to health in a few weeks.

Skinstitut Moisture Defense moisturiser - I was sent a few Skinstitut products to review recently and they are all winners. I'll be doing a review on them very soon. Whilst I love them all, the moisturiser gets a mention in my favourites due to the sudden weather shift. It went from warm to cold overnight and my skin was not happy about it. Thankfully I have my Moisture Defense on hand to keep my skin hydrated and happy. This is a great moisturiser for people with dry skin, it's very hydrating and stops that horrible tight, itchy feeling. 

The Body Shop Strawberry body butter - Strawberries, need I say more? Yes? Okay. I'd always thought the body butters where all heavy duty, however I've recently (Yes, I know I'm slow on the uptake) realised that they have different versions. Some are for dry skin, some normal skin etc. The strawberry butter absorbs quickly and smells beautiful. I don't like using heavy moisturisers before I get dressed in the morning, but this absorbs quickly enough that I'm able to get dressed a few minutes after application. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!