Wednesday 27 May 2015

My top three multi-purpose balms

I'm a huge fan of multi purpose balms, I always have a tube of paw paw or some other balm in my bag. Having a multi purpose balm saves space because it means instead of carrying around nappy rash cream, nipple cream, scraped knee cure, lip balm etc I just carry one tube. Today I'm going to show you my three favourite cure all balms.  
Natralus Paw Paw Ointment - Despite having a huge multitude of paw paw balms in my collection, I've repurchased this one several times. I love it because it's a thick balm that distributes well and melts when warmed up properly. The thickness means that it makes a wonderful lip gloss as it has a lovely shiny finish and it lasts a few hours on my lips before I need to reapply. It also smells and tastes lovely, very important when I'm using it on my lips. 


Redwin Coconut Balm - One of the new kids on the block. Interestingly it's not marketed as a paw paw balm even though it contains paw paw. Thanks to the coconut it smells like summer and tastes pretty good too. This isn't as thick as the Natralus ointment but it's just as hydrating. It's been doing a great job at softening up my dry elbows. 

My boys love both the Natralus balm and the Redwin balm, probably because they taste good. I use the balms on their scrapes and cuts and because they're natural I don't need to worry about them licking it off (which they usually do).

Human + Kind Family Remedy Cream - I discovered this little gem at Priceline a few months ago. It's different to the other two because it's a cream not an ointment.  It also has an interesting fragrance which I think is due to the tea tree oil.
Human + Kind say that Family Remedy Cream is a miracle cream which is effective on a multitude of skin conditions including: eczema, psoriasis, acne prone skin, sunburn, insect bites and stings, itching, athlete's foot, razor burn, minor burns, cold and bed sores, wounds and cuts, brittle nails. 

Sounds good doesn't it? Despite not using it for all the conditions listed above I do believe it's a miracle cream. I'll tell you why, but prepare for a gross TMI story.

I reguarly get awful sores in my nose. They are really painful and I usually need antibiotic ointment to get rid of them. I got one a few weeks ago but I'd run out of the ointment and we didn't have enough spare cash for me to go to the Dr for another prescription. In desperation I decided to use my Family Remedy Cream on the sore and what do you know, it worked! I was amazed! For that reason alone it's a miracle cream!

It also works well for dry skin, cuticles, dry lips and nappy rash.



Natralus Paw Paw ointment costs $6.75 for a 30g tube and can be purchased from Coles.

Redwin Coconut balm costs $9.95 for a 25g tube and can be purchased from Priceline.

Human + Kind Family Remedy cream costs $19.95 for a 40ml tube and can be purchased from Priceline. 

Natralus Paw Paw Ointment ingredients - olus and pharmaceutical lanolin, paw paw ferment, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl alcohol, vegetable glycerin, shea butter, beeswax, polyglyceryl-polyhydroxy/distearate, olive oil, cocoa butter, tocopherol, tribehenin, cetearyl/sorbitan olivate, carrot oil, sorbic acid, mg stearate, food flavour, Australian honey.

Redwin Coconut Balm ingredients: castor seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, coconut oil, beeswax, flavour, papaya fruit extract, jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed oil, marigold flower oil, safflower seed oil, carrot seed oil, tocopherol, stevia rebaudiana leaf/stem powder.

Human + Kind Family Remedy Cream ingredients: organic coconut oil, shea butter, centella, calendula, avocado oil, rosehip seed oil, white lily, chickweed, birch extract, tea tree leaf oil, horsetail extract, marshmallow, olive leaf extract, aloe vera.

What are your favourite multi purpose balms?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!