Monday 27 April 2015

How do you cope?

I get asked that a lot. At least once a month, if not more. Usually when we're talking about FIFO, sometimes when we're talking about motherhood and always if we're talking about Crohn's. 

My answer is the same every time. I have no choice. And it's true. I cope because I have to. I just do it. And then I elaborate. Some days/weeks/months I don't cope. I have meltdowns, I have mummy tantrums, I yell at the kids. I use the tv as a babysitter, I feed them chips for dinner, I leave the house a mess and food all over the floor. I struggle, like everyone else does.
Most days my house looks like this

Some days I forget to brush their teeth, some days I don't get to brush my teeth. I rarely get to eat a meal sitting down (if I sit down the boys either steal my food or climb on me or both). But we get by. We get up and face each day with a smile on our faces and hope in our heart because that's what life is about. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!