Monday 5 January 2015

Tag: The blogger made me buy it

I was tagged by the lovely Sophie from Born to Buy to do The Blogger Made Me Buy It tag. Initially I had to think about this one quite a lot, then I went through the photos on my computer and realised that a large portion of my collection is products I purchased after reading blogs. I had to stop this list at ten otherwise I would have been here for ages. So, in no particular order, here are the products that bloggers have made me buy.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder
These were all over the internet when they were released, it seemed like every blogger was raving about them. When they finally reached Australia I went in to Mecca to check them out and was told they were for contouring so I didn't get one. Fast forward a few months and I saw that people were using them as all over face powders so I went back to Mecca where I got a different makeup artist and walked away with Luminous Light. In my opinion these are totally worth the hype. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush
Like the Ambient Lighting Powders, these were all over the internet. Before they'd even arrived in Oz I knew which one I wanted and I bought it as soon as they hit the Mecca website. When mine arrived I was quite disappointed as it had a lot of white in it, but now that I've used it there's more pink and less white. This is one of my all time favourite blushes.

Hourglass Primer
I haven't actually bought this yet, I just have a sample of it, but I'll be buying a full sized bottle after I've used my current primers. I blame Sophie for this one. 

Maybelline Colour Elixir Lip Gloss
These were all over the internet for months before they finally arrived in Australia. As soon as they did I was onto them! I can see what all the hype is about. They have great colour payoff, a beautiful glossy finish and yet they feel like a lip balm.

Maybelline Colour Whisper 
These are another product that were all over the internet. Actually, most of the things that bloggers have made me buy have been all over the internet, that's what made me buy them! Colour Whispers are one of the products that I don't get the hype. They are really light, not hydrating and have a very, very sheer colour. Not worth the hype in my opinion. 

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter
One of the problems of living in Australia is that we get products so many months after they've been released overseas. For me that means that by the time something arrives here I've built it up in my mind and I expect it to be amazing. Often they aren't. The Colourburst Lip Butters are one of the products that were amazing. They have the colour pay off of a lipstick with the feel of a balm. Winning. 


Burberry Eyeshadow
Ah Burberry. Everything Burberry looks amazing. I want it all. 

By Terry Baume de Rose
I love everything By Terry and had been wanting Baume de Rose for ages. I resisted and resisted, telling myself that no lip balm could be worth that much money. I stayed strong until I read about it on Anna's blog and that tipped me over the edge. For non lip balm lovers I don't think it's worth it, but if you are a lip balm lover like me this is totally worth the price.  

Micellar Water
I gave in to the hype and got the Garnier Micellar water when it was released. I have to say I really don't know why Micellar waters are so popular, they do the same job as any old makeup remover. 

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
This one is Estee's fault. She's pale like me and loves this bronzer so I knew it would work for me. I've always wanted to use bronzer but have never managed to master application. With this it's pale enough that it's foolproof, even for a bronzerphobe like me. Pale girls, you need this!




If you'd like to do this tag, consider yourself tagged. Please post the link to your post in the comments so I can read it.


What products have you bought because of a blogger?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!