Monday 6 October 2014

The Balmy Army Tag

Hahaha, I love the title of this tag. Sophie was the clever cookie who came up with this tag and of course I had to do it. 

We all know that being a lip balm addict I'm not going to have just one answer for most of these questions, in fact I had trouble just choosing two or three products!

Best high end lip balm? 
By Terry Baume de Rose and Dior Creme de Rose. Funny that my two favourite high end balms smell like roses. I love rose scented products.


Lip balm you have a love/hate relationship with?
Any product that has a fragrance but not a flavour. In fact, any lip product that doesn't taste good. I really don't like products that have no flavour, but having said that, there are some brilliant balms that are flavourless. It irks me even more when they smell great but don't have a flavour (I'm looking at you Lanolips Fruities and Bloom).   

Best before bed lip balm?
At the moment I'm using three. Blistex Deep Renewal (I got this from iHerb), Rodial Glam Balm lip and Nuxe Reve de Miel.

Best affordable lip balm? 
Now this is a difficult one. Crazy Rumors, Burt's Bees, Carmex, Nivea, Maybelline, Suvana the list goes on. I can't pick just one. In my opinion most lip balms are affordable so it really depends what you're after. The two I've been using the longest are Carmex and Crazy Rumors, so I'll go with them.


Handbag essential?
Carmex wins this one. I always have a tube of Carmex in my bag, it's great at healing really dry, sore lips and the Moisture Plus ones give a gorgeous wash of sheer colour too.  

Bonus - Other or honourable mention. 
I really, really want to try the La Mer lip balm. It's so, so expensive and I'm pretty sure no lip balm is worth that much, but I still want to try it. Anyone used it? Tell me it's horrible, please! 
Another expensive one I really want to try is the Sisley Confort Extreme Nutritive Lip Balm. So many lip balms, so little time.
I tag:
Jessica from The Belle Lumiere
Claire from June Nightingale
Suzanne from Don't They Know Who I Am?
Natalie from The Mustard Jumper
Christine from Beautyholics Anonomous
Emma from Emma Bovary Beauty
and anyone else who would like to do this tag. If you do it, please post the link in the comments so I can have a read (and add new lip balms to my never ending wish list). 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!