Friday 10 October 2014

FFS Friday

Oops, it's 12pm and I've only just realised that today is Friday. Does anyone else lose track of the days like that? I never know what day it is. 
 
This week I finally admitted to myself that I'm over FIFO. FFS.

I've had enough, I don't want to do it anymore. FFS.

It's not going to change anything though because there are no jobs locally. FFS.

There aren't any residential jobs where Tiger works either. FFS.

We're stuck doing FIFO for the foreseeable future. FFS.

Fecking brilliant. FFS.

I keep telling myself that Tiger only works half the year and we get so much time with him that we wouldn't have if he was working a regular job, but it's not helping. FFS.

He hasn't said it, but I know that Tiger is over it too. FFS.

He's always telling me about guys who've gone back to a regular job and hated it. He's trying to convince himself that FIFO is awesome. Neither of us are buying it. FFS.

He hates it as much as I do. FFS.

I just want to have a normal life again. I know that we wouldn't see Tiger as much, but I want my husband to come home every night. I want to be able to talk to him during the day. I want to wake up with him in the mornings. I want him to be able to have a day off if I'm sick. I want him here with me. FFS.

I don't want to hear Chai crying for Daddy or see Eljay walking around the house calling for Daddy and trying to find him. I'm over it. FFS.

I really feel for people with partners in the armed forces. I get to talk to Tiger every night, those with partners in the armed forces never know when they'll get to talk to their partners. I can't imagine how difficult that would be. FFS.

That's the end of my whinge for today. If you've had any FFS worthy moments, please tell me all about them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!