Wednesday 9 July 2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag


It's no secret that I'm a lip product addict so I was really excited when Sophie tagged me to do the Lip Product Addict Tag (clearly it doesn't take a lot to get me excited these days). 

1. Favourite balm/treatment?
What a terrible question to ask a lip balm addict. I cannot possibly pick just one. Carmex is a firm favourite as is 1 Skin Solution and Born to Balm. Then there's Dior Creme de Rose and By Terry. The Sukin lip treatment is one of the best I've ever tried and Lanolips is another staple. Subtle Energies lip balm is an all time favourite, if only for it's gorgeous rose scent. Speaking of rose scents, Perfect Potion make a beautiful rose scented balm. I could go on (and on and on and on) but I'll stop.


2. Best eye catching red? 
Nars Dragon Girl. I have two other favourite red lipsticks but they are both discontinued so there's no point mentioning them.  

3. Best luxury and best drugstore?  
My all time favourite lipstick is Chantecaille Camellia Lip Chic. If I could only wear one lipstick for the rest of my life this would be it. It feels like a balm and is a beautiful colour.
Drugstore has to be the Australis Mineral Inject lipsticks, they are amazing. They are easily as good if not better than a lot of high end lipsticks. There is a great range of colours, they are super cheap, hydrating, and they smell great.   


4. Best MAC lipstick? 
Syrup. It's the only lipstick that I've used up more than once, I think I'm onto my fourth or fifth tube now. For me Syrup is a mlbb shade that always gets me compliments. 

5. The most disappointing? 
Lancome Rouge in Love. These lipsticks get so much hype but I don't understand why. I had two and gave them both away. On me they don't last longer than an hour and they were just totally underwhelming. 

6. Liner - Yes or no?
Yes. Previously I would have said no, but now that I'm getting older there are times when I need the extra definition that a lip liner provides.  

7. The best gloss?  
CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Tints. I absolutely love these. I'd love them even more if they were available in Australia. 


8. Something extra!  
If you are looking for a great way to store your lipsticks, get one of these boxes from Bunnings. I think it's a fishing tackle box but it's perfect for storing lipsticks and can hold a surprisingly large number of them. Even better, it cost less than $10. I got the idea from this post of Lillit's. When hubby bought the box home for me I didn't think it would hold many of my lipsticks but to my great surprise it holds most of them. Having them all neatly sorted and easy to access makes life so much easier. Now if only I could get around to wearing them regularly.

If any of you want to do this post, consider yourself tagged. If you do (or have already done) the tag, please post the link in the comments below so I can have a read and add more products to my never ending wishlist.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!